Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

International Day of Culture

International Day of Culture

Customs House

31 Alfred St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia

May 19, 2018 @ 11:00 (AEST)

*Sydney Local Guides Lets get together to celebrate the United Nations International Day of Culture* It is a Worldwide celebration of your nation. A universal party of traditions and culture in every country. Join the fun. Celebrate your culture with +Google Maps Local Guides Connect - a great day celebration. *Site of Passage* - *We will see *the exhibition about the experiences that make us who we are - called "site of passage"* *It is #FREE and references the history of Sydneys Customs House as a place of transition and cross-cultural interaction* This will be a photographic celebration of culture that can be shared in this photos, videos and musical presentation. *Saturday 19th May. The show is open from 11am to 4pm*. Every nation is multi-cultural and so we follow the traditions handed down through generation to generation. Celebrating your ancestry, is what this day is all about. *International Day of Culture on Monday May 21st* allows us to share our traditional ways with others and in this we are having a +Google Local Guides #LocalGuidesConnect *Worldwide Photo walk* meetup on the 19th May, which is the weekend before, so we can present our cultures to the world on the *International Day of Culture* May 21st as per the Local Guides Connect post included here. Saturday 19th May. The show is open from 11am to 4pm. Australia is a country of many cultures. Let's celebrate them all together.

RSVP here

31 Alfred St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
23 comments
Level 10

Re: International Day of Culture

Hi @Justine2807,

I hope you are fine!

Great initiative and all the best for this new meet-up.

I am looking forward to see the recap !

See you

Jul

Connect Moderator

Best wishes for your successful Meetup @Justine2807

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Hi @Julien44

Thank you so much. I am very excited about this meet-up. The International Day of Culture will be fun. Especially if we successfully synchronize across the nations to Chat Live with YouTube Live Streaming on Google Hangouts. 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Join the Fun:

@Ropate , @YanKK ., @AuadisA , @Blue_bullet , @RobFranceInOz@GillianC , @CamtuPham , @TimothyJ 

Level 10

@Justine2807, I understand why you were testing live you tube the other day ;-).

I hope it will work fine and wish you a good time.

Jul 

Level 10

Hi @NareshDarji

Thank you so much for your kindness and support. I really appreciate you and your consistent encouragement. 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Join us and share the cultural fun:

@AlexG  , @5studioD , @PGScully , @RobMulally , @PatrickE , @HaileyN , @NicholasL , @RezaK 

Level 10

Hi @Julien44

Hahahaha We were not testing YouTube but rather testing ourselves! We are just making sure we all are ready to share the fun on the International Cultural Day across several coutries depending on Time zones and meetup times! We are having another practice Tuesday and making sure we work out all the times that co-incide! Please join us! It is going to be fun! 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Fun for everyone: 

@Hark1    @HaileyN , @BlakeA@HelloSamsonR, @AkmalB@ermest, @Jnjoe@MedRidaZ

Level 10

@Justine2807,

You made me laugh.

Yes off course, I would be happy to join unfortunatly I won't be available that day ;-(

Level 9

Advance congratulations to you  @Justine2807 ,Best wishes to you.. 

Level 10

Hello @Justine2807 thank you so much for makking the cultural event happen in Australia. 🙂 Its my pleasure to have you a major part of cultural day in different ways like as a coordiantor, as a host of meetup there, as an instructor, as a live streamer etc etc. You are just great. 😃

And @Julien44 are we going to see cultural meetup from Germany? This would be awesome if you are also in. 🙂